EN 362:04/Q N° of the standard and year of issue and the letter corresponding to the class and equipment
EN12275 compliant with the standard EN 12275
0082 N° of the body certified for the manufacturing check
A supplier traceability
10 2 last figures of the year of manufacture
01 à 99 equipment number
<...kN> breakage of the main pin in kN in the closed and locked position (value: see table)
10 kN breakage of the small pin in the closed and locked position
UIAA International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation
pictogram inviting the user to read the user guide
compliant with regulation 2016/425
- The QUICK LINK is designed to be used as a connecting part between components / assemblies for a fall arrest system by being linked directly or indirectly to an anchor point (EN362).
Before use, the user must check the appearance (corrosion, wear, deformation) and the operation (screwing) of the equipment and the legibility of the markings. Extreme temperatures, the effects of chemical reagents, cuts and abrasion are all factors that can affect the performance of the equipment (pay attention during use, transportation and storage). The nut must be fully tightened to the tightening torque during use: no part of the thread must be visible.
- If a link mounted on equipment has already arrested a fall, then it must be replaced with a new link. Proceed in the same way, if in doubt about safety after checking the link.
- Only competent persons trained in the use of the equipment are qualified and a rescue plan must be implemented to cope with any emergencies that may arise during the work.
- According to the standard EN 362, the Quick Link must be used for infrequent connections.
- The length of the Quick Link must be taken into consideration when used on a fall arrestor system, since it will affect the height of the fall (e.g., when used with equipment that meets the standards EN 355 or EN 360 or EN 353-1/2). Check that the device or the anchor point are always positioned correctly, and that the work is done in a manner that minimises the risk and the height of falls. Check the clearance under the user in order to avoid any collisions with an obstacle on the trajectory of the fall.
- During normal use of the equipment and in emergencies, users must check that their medical condition does not affect safety. When in doubt, consult a doctor.
- Care and storage: The link must not be stored in a damp place, and in the event of contact with water, or after washing with water and drying, the threads must be lightly oiled.
- Any modifications (or assembly with other components) of the Quick Link must be approved by the manufacturer.
- The equipment must not be used beyond its limits (as specified by the manufacturer and marked on the product), or in any situations for which it is not designed. Only use the connector with equipment that complies with the European standards in force. It is advisable that the Quick Link should be used by one person only.
- Check the compatibility of all the parts to avoid any dangers that may arise during the use of several articles, in which the safety function of one of the articles is affected by the safety function of another article that or interferes with it.
- Check that the anchor point has a minimum strength of 12 kN and allows the Quick Link to be used in accordance with the recommendations of this user guide (in particular the direction of traction) and the breaking loads of the standard. It is advisable that the anchor point is located above the user.
- The fall arrestor harness is the only body gripping device that is permitted for use in a fall arrestor system
- If the Quick Link is sold, it must be accompanied by this user guide in the language of the country of destination.
- The lifespan is unlimited: fitness for use is determined only by the condition of the equipment
- User safety is determined by the maintenance of the efficiency and the strength of the equipment and by regular inspections. The link must be checked thoroughly by a qualified person and strictly according to the manufacturer's periodic inspection procedures at least once a year. Every check must be recorded on the product identification sheet. This sheet must be filed after every check.
Tightening torques table (N.m.)
* dimensions of the thread of the link in mm.
Recommended direction of traction
not for use in the small pin
This sheet must be completed after every inspection and must be filed The EU declaration of conformity is available on our site www.peguet.fr
PEGUET MAILLON RAPIDE SAS 12 rue des Buchillons CS 60205 Ville La Grand 74105 ANNEMASSE CEDEX France Certified body N°0082 that conducted the EU TYPE examination and responsible for the production check (Article C2): SAS APAVE SUDEUROPE - CS 60193 13322 Marseille cedex 16 FRANCE